Freelance Illustrator // Fine Artist // Adventurer // (I do not accept tattoo-design commissions.) // jawcooper@gmail.com

December 6, 2013

"Strength" Teasers

Here are teasers of my painting "Strength" for Last Rites Gallery's "Art of Tarot" show opening January 25th, 2014!






And here is a teaser of the original sketch:



This piece is available for advanced purchase from the Last Rites Gallery in NY and will be part of their "Art of Tarot" show opening January 25th, 2014.

 Please contact the gallery if you wish to reserve this piece.

3 comments:

Tristan Alexander said...

While I realy like your work I wonder why you never show us a finished picture squared up and easy to see? It is hard to get the best feel fro your art and composition when it is sideways and partial!

michele parliament said...

Tristan: it's so people can't right click and save the image, I'm sure. Lots of art is printed out (stolen) this way. Usually, if an artist is showing the work in a gallery, you can see the image the way it was meant to be displayed.

J. A. W. Cooper said...

Hi Tristan! Yes, Michele is right and I've had my work stolen for counterfeit prints before but I usually just take the risk and post low-res. The reason these are all "oblique" shots is because the piece will be published in a book to go along with the show, and the publisher asked not to reveal the full image until the book is released for legal reasons. The show opens in February 2-14 so I will post the full image then!