Freelance Illustrator // Fine Artist // Adventurer // (I do not accept tattoo-design commissions.) // jawcooper@gmail.com

September 4, 2013

Doodles and Plein Air and Gold Leaf- OH MY!

Here's a quick update on what I've been up to these past few months- besides hiking and camping up a storm in Montana, Canada, Sequoia, etc...


Plein Air painting in Sequoia National Park, here it is in the meadow, half-way through:


And completed:



Detail shot:


Teaching myself to golf-leaf and practicing on a print of an old painting from 2010.



Ink drawing doodles sooth me:


More:


And specifically practicing my inking technique:


Sketches!!! Lots of sketches!























And finally the prototype for a zine/book of my work I'm designing:




Well, I'm busy busy busy and now that I have some exciting new shows approaching you can expect more frequent updates!

If you would like to stay connected or for more frequent updates you can follow me on....

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JAWCooper.art
(I'm maxed out on friends but you can still follow me for updates)

Instagram: http://instagram.com/jawcooper

3 comments:

Tristan Alexander said...

Gold Leafing tips, be sure if useing the comercial adhesive (Spedball makes some that works well), the bottle says shake, but it works better if you stir it. Be sure and stir it every few minutes to make sure it is well mixed. After letting the adhesive set for a few minutes, breath on it to add moisteur just before you lay the gold on.

J. A. W. Cooper said...

Tristan- These are super useful tips! Thank you!

NunoC said...

Thank jaw for return into your blog
your drawings are amazing