Freelance Illustrator // Fine Artist // Adventurer // (I do not accept tattoo-design commissions.) // jawcooper@gmail.com

November 15, 2015

For those who are tickled by my conceptual process... this is a good example of how I work through an abstract concept to develop my surreal visuals: I've been thinking a lot about "Ego" as both a corrosive illusion and creative force. It blinds us, it is fragile as it is built on the illusion that we are significant because we are separate from everything else we perceive when really we are significant because we are one with everything. At the same time the tension between this illusion and "reality" can create such a powerful drive when harnessed like a tool. Behind the blind disintegrating demon-girl will be a mass of swans intertwined in a fight amid bones and leafy vines. #JAWCooper #colorasepencil #concept #ego


via Instagram http://ift.tt/1NVtp8O

No comments: