Freelance Illustrator // Fine Artist // Adventurer // (I do not accept tattoo-design commissions.) // jawcooper@gmail.com

October 11, 2015

An example of how I start a small gouache study: I took the photo on my most recent trip to the Lake District in England. I color adjusted in Photoshop and then color picked digital swatches and printed on photo paper for accuracy. I won't be tied to the colors or photo but they are a helpful guide. I'm painting on Stonehenge paper taped with artists tape to a clear clipboard and using grey Winsor&Newton Designers gouache to block in shapes to start. I adore my "Mack Tidwell" brushes and highly recommend the pink and the green sets, very affordable. @winsorandnewton @artboytidwell #JAWCooper #winsorandnewton #gouache #process #macktidwell #stonehengepaper


via Instagram http://ift.tt/1LeUheV

No comments: