I am available for freelance illustration, storyboarding, sketch art, and concept art in Print/Advertising/Entertainment companies in the Los Angeles area (in-house) or anywhere across the globe (remotely.) I accept fine-art commissions only as my schedule allows. I do not accept tattoo-design commissions. // jawcooper@gmail.com

January 2, 2013

"Rise" Sketch

The Gasp / Flinch / Rattle / Rot / Rise mini series is complete! Well, I still have to paint three of them, but at least they are all nailed-down.

Cicadas are my new favorite muse. Here is the final piece, "Rise:"

(This piece is RESERVED.)






And here they are in order:

Gasp // Flinch // Rattle // Rot // Rise




These five paintings about the process of letting go of perceptions of the world that inhibit us. Perception is so subjective as is our experience of reality.


These five soon-to-be paintings will be part of my April 2013 solo show "Laid Bare" at La Luz de Jesus Gallery. For more info, to be added to the preview list, or to reserve a piece early, email Matt Kennedy at info@laluzdejesus.com.

("Gasp" "Rise" and " Rot" are already reserved.)

2 comments:

Heather Gordy said...

Your work is truly amazing. I love seeing the sketching process along with the final colored pieces.

J. A. W. Cooper said...

Thank you Heather! I'm glad you like it!