I am available for freelance illustration, storyboarding, sketch art, and concept art in Print/Advertising/Entertainment companies in the Los Angeles area (in-house) or anywhere across the globe (remotely.) I accept fine-art commissions only as my schedule allows. I do not accept tattoo-design commissions. // jawcooper@gmail.com

January 26, 2013

"Burden" Finished

I'm getting one little painting done a day and it feels so good! 
Here is "Burden"– the pyrite cubes are painted in metallic ink so they shine at certain angles. I am particularly pleased with how the little wild blackberries came out!




And here is a photo of the original sketch with some of my own gems and minerals for reference while painting. I am fascinated by how pyrite can come out of the ground in near-perfect interlocking cubes.


There is so much more on the way so check back frequently!


"Burden" will be part of my April 2013 solo show "Laid Bare" at La Luz de Jesus Gallery. For more info, to be added to the preview list, or to reserve a piece early, email Matt Kennedy at info@laluzdejesus.com.

3 comments:

Esther Morales said...

Wonderful Jaw! This is definitely one of my favorites :D

Nicole said...

Stunning piece. I'm a rock hound myself so I love the gems and crystals :)

J. A. W. Cooper said...

I'm glad you like it, guys! Nicole- Oh man, yeah. Gems and minerals are my #1 vice right now.