I am available for freelance illustration, storyboarding, sketch art, and concept art in Print/Advertising/Entertainment companies in the Los Angeles area (in-house) or anywhere across the globe (remotely.) I accept fine-art commissions only as my schedule allows. I do not accept tattoo-design commissions. // jawcooper@gmail.com

December 20, 2012

"Rattle" Sketch

Here is the next in the "Gasp" "Flinch" "Rattle" "Rot" "Rise" series. Two to go!

The girl is a crumbling geode- possibly malachite and azurite or maybe pyrite.... or maybe just boring ol' amethyst. So many choices!

I have what some might categorize as an unhealthy obsession with collecting gems and minerals, and curiosities of all types.



The painting based on this drawing will be part of my April 2013 solo show "Laid Bare" at La Luz de Jesus Gallery. For more info, to be added to the preview list, or to reserve a piece early, email Matt Kennedy at info@laluzdejesus.com.

2 comments:

pbrigitte said...

Ooooh I'll be keeping an eye on this one! I too am obsessed with geodes!

J. A. W. Cooper said...

Me toooo! I love gems and minerals soooo much.