I am available for freelance illustration, storyboarding, sketch art, and concept art in Print/Advertising/Entertainment companies in the Los Angeles area (in-house) or anywhere across the globe (remotely.) I accept fine-art commissions only as my schedule allows. I do not accept tattoo-design commissions. // jawcooper@gmail.com

December 6, 2012

Petrified Nearly Complete (Plus New Comic)


Here is "Petrified" about 90% done. I still need to work on details in the background trees and pop the color on the tiger but that shouldn't take long.

The elephant has moss growing on the parts of it that are turning into trees.

It's still all taped-up along the edges to keep them crisp, but here is a detail of the subtle clouds in the sky- I was relieved by how effortlessly they came out.

And here is a comic I started late the other night- it's going to be pretty surreal and twisted. Don't try to make any sense of it yet- it's all out of order and very rough for now.
And here are a few close-ups of the roughs for the comic.

4 comments:

Kenan G Swaim said...

I know it's early, but I want to pre order the comic now! ;)

Clovis said...

If this comic is going to be for sale I'm there.

Nate Creekmore said...

I'm looking forward to seeing both of these completed. Have you done comics before..?

J. A. W. Cooper said...

Aw thanks guys!!! Nate- I did a short comic with a buddy just before leaving for college, but I've never done one seriously before. It's fun!