I am available for freelance illustration, storyboarding, sketch art, and concept art in Print/Advertising/Entertainment companies in the Los Angeles area (in-house) or anywhere across the globe (remotely.) I accept fine-art commissions only as my schedule allows. I do not accept tattoo-design commissions. // jawcooper@gmail.com

October 23, 2012

"Laid Bare" Concept


I've finally come up with a theme for my April 2013 show at La Luz!

I have been watching a lot of "Ted Talks" and Brené Brown's talk on the power of vulnerability really resonated with me.

In my series which will be titled "Laid Bare" I will explore vulnerability as both the catalyst for deep and meaningful relationships and as the source of shame- which often keeps us from pursuing said relationships. I want this series to be about vulnerability as a source of empowerment and strength.

Naturally this has very personal meaning to me, as do all of my series.

No comments: