I am available for freelance illustration, storyboarding, sketch art, and concept art in Print/Advertising/Entertainment companies in the Los Angeles area (in-house) or anywhere across the globe (remotely.) I accept fine-art commissions only as my schedule allows. I do not accept tattoo-design commissions. // jawcooper@gmail.com

September 23, 2012

Camping Sketchbook



I went on a three-week camping trip up the coast to Washington and doodled/painted along the way.



Painted on a log above a super blue river:


Painted on a log above a super blue river:

Shitty painting of a stream from Colorado. They can't all be winners.
My handy gouache-painting kit in the Humboldt Redwoods:
In action:

10 comments:

Kenan G Swaim said...

I love seeing your lovely sketches. I WANT that Humbodlt Redwoods log painting. Seriously.

chelsea said...

Love love love the figure with the antlers growing out of her shoulders! And the log painting! Fantastic stuff as always.

Clovis said...

Your just so good. Once again, awesome work.

Lesley Vamos said...

Those paintings are friggin amazing!!

J. A. W. Cooper said...

Thank you everyone! I'm so pleased that you like these sketches!

MarĂ­a Chapa Mireles said...

Amazing stuff! You've got such a wonderful style! Thank you so much for sharing!

Illustr8r77 said...

Fantastic! You wouldn't happen to have any videos to see your process/sketching/workflow in action, would you?

J. A. W. Cooper said...

No videos yet but that seems to be the popular request so I'll try to get on it!

Nate Creekmore said...

Impressive work as always, JAW. You've inspired me to put more animals on my weekly blog.

J. A. W. Cooper said...

Thanks Nate!