I am available for freelance illustration, storyboarding, sketch art, and concept art in Print/Advertising/Entertainment companies in the Los Angeles area (in-house) or anywhere across the globe (remotely.) I accept fine-art commissions only as my schedule allows. I do not accept tattoo-design commissions. // jawcooper@gmail.com

May 30, 2012

Treasure Hunt: Big Sur

I went on a trip to Big Sur last weekend and made a bunch of little animal figurines with waterproof notes tied to their backs to hide throughout some of my favorite trails- Salmon Creek and Lime Kiln. If you plan on going to either of these places be on the lookout for these little buddies. They want to go home with you!
*hints:
-There are four at Salmon Creek; two of which are inside the cave at the top of the waterfall.
-There are three hidden around the Lime Kiln trails; one is on a mossy stump in the middle of the river on the way to the kilns and one is in a mossy hidey-hole in the face of the waterfall!
-The rest you'll just have to look for!

At the motion graphics / design studio I am currently freelancing at my co-workers discovered that the black walls are actually giant chalk-boards... it thoroughly entertained me for a couple days:
I went to the San Diego zoo last week so I'll post those sketches as soon as they're all scanned.

7 comments:

Clovis said...

Why am I nowhere near these places =((((((((

The Painting Ward said...

Just found your blog...when I was googling 'banshee art' of all things, mainly b/c I just did an illustration of one myself! Geeze, I'm in love with everything here...AND I want one of those little guys lol, but I'm not anywhere near there >.<

KP’sArt

jamieb said...

oh my goodness, those are so much fun!!!! I u
se to hide silkscreen posters in secret places all during burning man for years, its so rewarding! really enjoying your work, you are an amazing talent!

Christian said...

Hi Cooper,
This is Christian from BLIND. Remember... you scared the crap out of me that one time... I found your blog and just wanted to say "hi." Oh, and by the way, I erased all that cool artwork of yours... I just like the "chalkboard" look, you know? J/K... you gotta come back and do more. Hope to see you again soon! Take care.

J. A. W. Cooper said...

Clovis- Sorry buddy! If I come through MA I'll hide some fo sho!

Painting Ward- Awww, yay! I'm glad you like what you see!

Jamieb- Oh man, hiding shit is the best, right? A chance to connect with a total stranger!

Christian- BOO! ha ha

Sol said...

this is so damn cute... really *_*

J. A. W. Cooper said...

Ha ha, thanks!