I am available for freelance illustration, storyboarding, sketch art, and concept art in Print/Advertising/Entertainment companies in the Los Angeles area (in-house) or anywhere across the globe (remotely.) I accept fine-art commissions only as my schedule allows. I do not accept tattoo-design commissions. // jawcooper@gmail.com

May 20, 2012

"Prance" completed!

Finished at last! Now this puppy is being shipped to Hong Kong for a show in June!
I've also been getting back into landscape painting and whatnot. Here is a quick little painting I did at Gold Creek last Saturday:
And a sketch of the surrounding trees:
I've posted this and a few oldies but goodies on my Tumblr:
I'm planning a trip to the Natural History Museum and the SD Zoo soon so there will be much more to come!

7 comments:

Monique Lopez said...

I love your little landscape paintings. Assuming you're using acrylics? How long do they take you?

J. A. W. Cooper said...

Thanks! Nope- it's all gouache. Takes about 45mins to an hour for each little painting, the sketch of trees took about 5 mins.

Nicole said...

Love Prance! It's one of those pieces that would be lovely to see in person to get the full effect. Wonderful painting :)

Anke said...

This turned out really awesome. I love how I can follow the whole creation process. Thank you for that.

Illustr8r77 said...

sawwwww-eeeeeeet! Keep em coming!!!

J. A. W. Cooper said...

Thanks guys! I'm glad you like it!

Linn Feyling said...

You have a great eye for landscapes. Your sketches is very different and inspirering! I really love them :)