DONE! Finally done! I dropped everything off at WWA Gallery yesterday and I'm really excited to show you all a few final tidbits.
I made this sculpture and felt pretty good about it- I really like how translucent the very thin petals on the flowers looked after I baked it- and very disappointed with how the spray-primer made the sculpture so much heavier and less-detailed. I painted it anyway to see if I could revive it and am actually quite pleased with the final result. In the future though... I'm gonna figure out a way to keep the flowers translucent.
Here it is fresh from the oven: (pre-paint)
And some details of it painted:
And some final shots of three of the drawings with touches of gouache for highlights:
I used gold acrylic to paint on the thread connecting the girls:
Aaand, there are two more pieces (Pomp and Brooding) that I didn't take any teasers photos of... but come to the show or sign up for the online preview and you can see them there!
ALSO! There will be a free-print give-away through WWA, to qualify just share the link to the event on your facebook page! Go HERE for details!