I am available for freelance illustration, storyboarding, sketch art, and concept art in Print/Advertising/Entertainment companies in the Los Angeles area (in-house) or anywhere across the globe (remotely.) I accept fine-art commissions only as my schedule allows. I do not accept tattoo-design commissions. // jawcooper@gmail.com

January 24, 2012

New Crop O' Sketches

Here are more new sketches for my upcoming show "Erode" which focuses on self sabotage, or things that eat away at us from within.

This sketch "Whisper" is about the cyclical pain of rumors/gossip/negativity.



These three will be separate paintings, very small and detailed. The three dead animals illustrate three major roadblocks that can keep us from realizing our potential. They are titled "Strangle" (lack of voice), "Splinter" (lack of focus), and "Freeze" (lack of action.)




These three are already underway and I'll post teasers soon! I'll have 9-12 drawings/paintings and 3 sculptures in the upcoming show at the WWA Gallery in Culver City and I can't wait to share them with you!

4 comments:

Roxy M said...

LOVE with the concept of the three little paintings! :D

lauren carney said...

looking fantastical as always jaw, you clever lady x

Giselle said...

Oh hey poops it's your girlfriend. I'm in Paris and was pooping around on an iPad on your blog and walked away to do something... Anyway my boss jene picked up the iPad and fell love with whispers. Anyway she wants to buy it. Also Paula wants to hire you for freelance now. Mmmkay. Lafffffforever. <3

J. A. W. Cooper said...

Ahhhhhh, thank you all! <3