I am available for freelance illustration, storyboarding, sketch art, and concept art in Print/Advertising/Entertainment companies in the Los Angeles area (in-house) or anywhere across the globe (remotely.) I accept fine-art commissions only as my schedule allows. I do not accept tattoo-design commissions. // jawcooper@gmail.com

December 6, 2011

"Poisonous Brood" Sketch

I'm still plugging away on sketches for my upcoming "Erode" series. Here is a sketch I did Monday morning, I think it will be called "Poisonous Brood" or "Leech."





Nothing is more exhilarating than starting a new series. As you know I am an avid list-maker; here are some notes I have made as I continue to refine and boil-down my many many "Erode" lists into one cohesive concept:



Finally, on a more serious note...

You may have seen my many animal sketches from various visits to the incredible Wildlife Waystation. The Waystation, located in Los Angeles, is a sanctuary for exotic animals and big cats (often rescued from abusive situations) and provides an invaluable service to the community and the beautiful animals in their care. They have always relied on the kindness of volunteers and the donations from people like you and me, but now they are in very real danger of being shut down due to lack of funds. Not only would this be a serious loss to the community, but many of the animals would likely have to be euthanized.

PLEASE DONATE NOW by clicking the link, or mail a check to 14831 Little Tujunga Canyon Road, Angeles National Forest, CA 91342. To make a gift by phone call 1-818-899-5201. Anything, even a dollar helps them continue to feed and provide for their animals!

No comments: