I am available for freelance illustration, storyboarding, sketch art, and concept art in Print/Advertising/Entertainment companies in the Los Angeles area (in-house) or anywhere across the globe (remotely.) I accept fine-art commissions only as my schedule allows. I do not accept tattoo-design commissions. // jawcooper@gmail.com

July 22, 2011

San Diego Zoo

I went to the San Diego Zoo with friend/fellow artist Thomas Nguyen. Conditions were ideal for a sketch marathon! Here are some of them:

*THIS DRAWING SOLD*





*Note the lovingly-rendered llama-butthole. My finest moment.















I've still got to post my big-cat drawings from the Wildlife Waystation... but my scanning muscles are tired so it'll have to wait until tomorrow.

7 comments:

Katie Lawter said...

I love how you draw animals. So much personality. 8D

Peta-Ann Smith said...

*dead and buried at 'lovingly-rendered llama-butthole"*

twchrist said...

These are lovingly drawn and should be be separately framed.

JADE JOHNSON said...

i love the energy in these sketches. they make me want to go to the nearest zoo and sketch, sketch, sketch! i want to lovingly render llamas' buttholes too. :)

Clovis said...

Those monkeys so rule...

thmsmyr said...

Great Job! I love the loose lines of pencil sketches. They have so much more character than computer driven artwork.

J. A. W. Cooper said...

Much appreciated! And hey, if any of you live in the LA area and want to come draw with me at the Natural History Museum hit me up, I go all the time! Although... I do not believe that they have a llama there to "lovingly render"...