I am available for freelance illustration, storyboarding, sketch art, and concept art in Print/Advertising/Entertainment companies in the Los Angeles area (in-house) or anywhere across the globe (remotely.) I accept fine-art commissions only as my schedule allows. I do not accept tattoo-design commissions. // jawcooper@gmail.com

March 17, 2011

Just a Start

I'm only maybe 30% done with this painting but I thought I'd post my progress anyway. It's kinda cheesy but, again, the purpose of these is really just to get more comfortable with painting in photoshop.

7 comments:

twchrist said...

how fresh and colorfully beast!

A. Grey said...

Cheesy or not I'm loving this!

pbrigitte said...

I love it but I really hope you don't switch over to Photoshop. I adore your work and have so much respect for the fact that you work in a traditional medium.

Also, random :3 but the prints you sold me are coming back from the framer soon! I will give you a head's up when I have pics!

Sunny said...

beautiful~! waiting to see it finished~

J. A. W. Cooper said...

Thanks friends! Ha ha, no worries Brigitte, traditional media will always be my #1 love... digital is just my squeeze on the side.

I'm looking for a job in animation/concept art so I need to get more comfortable with using the wacom.

Hodge said...

Wow, this is gorgeous. I love her face, it's so strong but soft at the same time.

Joshua said...

It's not cheezy. That is the symbolism on a tarot card. Well done.