I am available for freelance illustration, storyboarding, sketch art, and concept art in Print/Advertising/Entertainment companies in the Los Angeles area (in-house) or anywhere across the globe (remotely.) I accept fine-art commissions only as my schedule allows. I do not accept tattoo-design commissions. // jawcooper@gmail.com

March 31, 2011

Extinction Sketch + LA Weekly Retrospective

This is the final sketch for a painting I'm currently working on. I did the final drawing on frosted acetate and OH MAN, I'm never looking back, it was so luxurious to draw on. I just gotta figure out a way to integrate acetate into my finished work and I'll be the happiest camper! I wanted to show extinct animals fading in and out of smoke coming from an extinguished lantern, surrounded by creepy/supernatural ladies representing death. I'm nearly done with the painting so I'll post up some teasers of it finished with color tomorrow.

*THIS DRAWING SOLD*




Also, LA Weekly is featuring a retrospective of some of the editorial pieces that friend/extremely talented illustrator Julian Callos and I have done for them. Check it out! Click the photo below to check it out:



Here are a few of my favs:

8 comments:

Jael Segura said...

Beautiful sketch.
can't wait to see the finished piece!

Roxy M said...

What makes acetate so good to draw on? I wanna try it!

e v a n said...

amazing...as usual

Giselle said...

ahhh!!! i looove everything in this post!! oh so lovely.

Toby J said...

Will the painting be on acetate as well?

I'm looking forward to seeing this finished.

Lesley Vamos said...

Just caught up on your gallery Cooper, Bloody brilliant - just gets better and better ^_^

H A R R Y G O A Z said...

Astounding.

Furman said...

Love it!