I am available for freelance illustration, storyboarding, sketch art, and concept art in Print/Advertising/Entertainment companies in the Los Angeles area (in-house) or anywhere across the globe (remotely.) I accept fine-art commissions only as my schedule allows. I do not accept tattoo-design commissions. // jawcooper@gmail.com

March 11, 2011

Babes and Lies

Sorry guys, I lied! The opening for "Inle" is this Friday March 11th from 7pm-10pm at Gallery 1988 Melrose.

Also, I did a quick digital sketch of a babe this evening:



Based on this photo of Claudia Schiffer by Mario Testino:

8 comments:

cindy said...

i love the way you characterize people. this painting looks awesome! how long did it take you when you mean quick??

i adore your art :)

cindy said...

one more question... :)
did u draw this out of your imagination??

i love her expression!

ivanka k said...

Love your babe ;)!

Kendra Melton said...

great shapes, love those heels

e v a n said...

hot

Rory said...

Lovely! So slinky.

J. A. W. Cooper said...

Thanks guys!

Cindy- This took about 3hrs but I'm trying to get faster. I worked from reference and color-picked since my purpose is just to get comfortable with working in photoshop. I'll post the original photo in case you are interested.

Sunny said...

This is stunning! I'm shocked it only took you 3 hours! One of my favorite exercises is characterizing from a photo like this. Love it.