I am available for freelance illustration, storyboarding, sketch art, and concept art in Print/Advertising/Entertainment companies in the Los Angeles area (in-house) or anywhere across the globe (remotely.) I accept fine-art commissions only as my schedule allows. I do not accept tattoo-design commissions. // jawcooper@gmail.com

November 27, 2010

SB NHM

Spent Thanksgiving in Santa Barbara with my wonderful family and visited the SB Natural History Museum with my great friend and fellow artist Kristen Moore (check out her work!) They had an AMAZING new bird exhibition.









Quick sketches of my parents relaxing while the turkey cooked...




Lastly, a speedy gouache and ink painting of Joseph Gatt from a life-painting workshop.



I hope you all had a lovely and delicious Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

twchrist said...

Gorgeous animal beasts

Kris said...

Excellent stuff! I love the drawings of your parents. Dead on. The bird exhibit IS great, but your drawings give those stuffed carcasses the appearance of actual life and character. Man we gotta go back, we didn't get to the sea birds or the song birds even. There's like 80 species of ducks we have yet to draw.

J. A. W. Cooper said...

Fuck yes. I think I could spend a week there with you and not get bored!

Chanp said...

great observational sketches!