I am available for freelance illustration, storyboarding, sketch art, and concept art in Print/Advertising/Entertainment companies in the Los Angeles area (in-house) or anywhere across the globe (remotely.) I accept fine-art commissions only as my schedule allows. I do not accept tattoo-design commissions. // jawcooper@gmail.com

November 12, 2010

NHM for the WIN

I went to the LA Natural History Museum for a couple hours today with Allison Reimold and David Ra. It was lovely to draw, but there were so many noisy children. I must find out which day of the week has the least number of school groups...










This beautiful statue was in the foyer of the amazing new wing of the museum:



I can't wait to go back!

7 comments:

Roxy M said...

Whoot! Go with me next tiiime! :)

ivanka k said...

Love these!!!

Laura Aitchison said...

Hi Cooper :)

Just wanted to pop by your blog and say that I love what you are doing. I completely connect with your interest in human/animal relationships having been mad about animals from a very young age.

I love your technique. Your illustrations are very anatomical and exaggerated and I really adore that. I particularly admire all your bunny and hare sketches; lagomorphs have such beautifully bizarre anatomies. I am very jealous of the lucky person who received your 'Sisters' piece. Absolutely perfect.

Just bought your 'Pied Piper' print and 'Wound 1' cushion from Click4Art and I am over the moon with them. Now all I want is an original so I better start saving!

Thanks for making me smile :)

Laura Aitchison

Alessandro Echevarria said...

Oh man! you make me feel guilty about not drawing this last day I went to the Metropolitan Museum of art...

Lesley Vamos said...

Gorgeous work Coop - loving your line work on these - very ...umm... voluminous... not sure if that makes sense..

J. A. W. Cooper said...

Thank you so much guys! Your support means the world to me!

Renrut said...

Heehee the fox drawing brought a smile to my face! adorable!