I am available for freelance illustration, storyboarding, sketch art, and concept art in Print/Advertising/Entertainment companies in the Los Angeles area (in-house) or anywhere across the globe (remotely.) I accept fine-art commissions only as my schedule allows. I do not accept tattoo-design commissions. // jawcooper@gmail.com

April 21, 2010

"Fade/Specters" debacle

Soooo, it's been a long day. I spent hours preping, cutting, and transferring this 22"x30" sketch but when I mounted it on the museum board for some reason there were large areas that didn't adhere and I had to start all over again. I managed to have juuust enough daylight left to transfer the sketch again (I was using the window as a light-box) and I'll find out tomorrow morning if this one adhered properly. If I have to do it a THIRD time I might just go crazy.

"Fade" or "Specters" - sketch for a painting about albinism

*THIS SKETCH SOLD*


Here are process photos from the first time I transferred "Fade/Specters." The window-lightbox method worked well.



Just a sketch of a tiger's head... don't have any purpose for it at the moment.



I drew this yesterday evening and every time I look at it I giggle. The intensity of the raptor is just so funny to me.

"Ignorance is Bliss"



If all goes well I should start painting "Fade/Specters" tomorrow and since it's supposed to be very light and diaphanous it shouldn't take long to complete.

6 comments:

Roxy M said...

Lol, the last sketch has word of the week potential all over it!

Lesley Vamos said...

1st sketch - So delicate! but I would only say the delicacy is fighting with the composition a little - its a little crowded at the bottom, so the silhouette of the whole image is a little blocky...

2nd - Your tigers are so amazing!! I love the flowing lines and how they seem to all connect togehter

3rd - So awesome!! I love the rabitt just sitting there minding his own business ^_^

J. A. W. Cooper said...

Ha ha, thanks guys! Yeah I totally see what you mean about the blocky composition Lesley. Unfortunately It's already transfered so I'm gonna try to compensate by doing sort of a tree design behind them to add visual interest to the top and balance it more. Thanks for the head's up!

Yolanda Robinson said...

Fingers crossed for you that you didn't have to sketch it all out again ;)
Yolanda

Thomas Lynch III said...

3rd is just awesome storytelling! go cooper!

Heidi Alamanda said...

I like all of them especially the 3rd sketch. Great work, Jess.
Using your window as a light box is clever..hehe. I couldn't do that on my old window:)