I am available for freelance illustration, storyboarding, sketch art, and concept art in Print/Advertising/Entertainment companies in the Los Angeles area (in-house) or anywhere across the globe (remotely.) I accept fine-art commissions only as my schedule allows. I do not accept tattoo-design commissions. // jawcooper@gmail.com

March 15, 2010

LANHM

I biked to the LA Natural History Museum today. Just lovely! Sat for an hour or so sketching and marveling... mostly marveling... here are some of the drawings:


This giraffe just looks silly...





I want to start making this a regular thing; biking/drawing in the mornings to keep my body and skills in working condition. If anyone wants to join me in biking and sketching, I'm a NHM Member and I can get a guest in for free with me.

6 comments:

Roxy M said...

Don't own a bike, but I could bus it and join you! :3

Lel said...

Beautiful ^_^ Great shading

Anonymous said...

amazing idea! what time do you go over there? looks like you already have your guest, but I would love to join the club.

J. said...

amazing idea! what day/time do you go over there? looks like you already have your guest, but I would love to join the club.

J. A. W. Cooper said...

Hey guys! I'm planning on biking there tomorrow morning (March 17th) and I'll get there around 10am. Cell phone reception is terrible once you're inside so if you want to meet up, I'll be starting my day in the hall of North American Mammals (1st floor on right.) I'll probably stay a couple of hours.

Bring money to get in (10$, or 7$ with student ID) plus 8$ for parking if you drive (there is free street parking but I'm not sure where). I can only get one person in so first come first served.

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

beautiful sketches.