I am available for freelance illustration, storyboarding, sketch art, and concept art in Print/Advertising/Entertainment companies in the Los Angeles area (in-house) or anywhere across the globe (remotely.) I accept fine-art commissions only as my schedule allows. I do not accept tattoo-design commissions. // jawcooper@gmail.com

March 25, 2010

Blot Rot Rust

Some more sketches in my "Tarnished" series. These first three will become separate paintings of the same size. (I'm thinking 9"x12")

"Rot"
This one shows a little creature trapped on a rotting island with it's pet frogs dying around it and being eaten by the pitcher plants below. Dark, but cute too, right?

I don't want the creature to be any particular animal, more like all woodland creatures rolled into one little monster. I think I need to make it look weirder. Maybe add spines? Stripes? Tusks? I dunno.



"Blot"
In this one, a classy gentlerabbit serenely blots at a suspicious stain on his cuff. Perhaps some shit went down with that axe? Scandal!



"Rust"
This sketch shows a masked girl running with/from a fleet of flying robot-animal-monster-things. (yet to be drawn) I can't decide whether to have them tormenting her by sticking rusty nails in her, or trying to help her by pulling them out. I'm thinking the latter would be a little more pleasant. On a random note, I really like how I drew her front foot. I have a lot of trouble with feet sometimes...



This was just a random drawing of a dapper circus man, which eventually morphed into the idea for the sinister rabbit above.



I wanted to do a painting of a bunch of broken dolls playing with woodland creatures... I still might but I probably won't use this sketch. I think it's bound for the bookshelf of abandoned ideas. Terrible feet.



Well that's what I did today. If you haven't friended my new professional account on facebook/added my fan page, do so. I think the next raffle will only be open to people who are both my "friends" and "fans". Coercion! (Details below the "about me" section on the right in red.)

4 comments:

Rocketeam said...

that doll is superb, did you ever see Ghost in the Shell 2? kinda weird but the visuals were mindblowing to say the least

sarah soh said...

loooooooooove the sketches and designs :)
woot woot for jaw cooper!! :D

Lesley Vamos said...

The first one is my favourite - the little donkey character is so gorgeous ^_^

J. A. W. Cooper said...

Thanks friends!