I am available for freelance illustration, storyboarding, sketch art, and concept art in Print/Advertising/Entertainment companies in the Los Angeles area (in-house) or anywhere across the globe (remotely.) I accept fine-art commissions only as my schedule allows. I do not accept tattoo-design commissions. // jawcooper@gmail.com

November 9, 2009

Teach Me Tiger- Revised

I really didn't like the painting so I worked on it more this morning: brightening the colors, heightening the contrast, adding the fly pattern behind them, crispening up edges... etc. I like it much better now!

The flies are a lot more transparent in the real painting, I think the light from the scanner exaggerated them a bit. I promise they aren't that distracting...



This is the back corner: (I mounted the paper before I started painting to eliminate warping and to add structural integrity.)

6 comments:

allie said...

dalva's new pet! love the revised version, shit looks dooooope!

Thea Schultheiss said...

And there was me thinking this couldn't get any awesomer!!

Amazing, as always

Thomas Lynch III said...

way to push through. definitely popped out the characters. tee hee, dalvas pet.

Luke Berliner said...

Nice I love this!!

Kris said...

Hiya. You're so good at tigers. They look like some sort of ... "foo tiger". Very nice. Wow, I'd love to get a sheltie-sized foo tiger for a house pet.

J. A. W. Cooper said...

Whoah, at first I didn't recognize your name and I was like:

Damn, who is this mystery guy who totally gets what I'm trying to achieve when I draw Tigers, and who ALSO measures animals in 'sheltie-units'?

And then I was like:

Oh wait, duh, it's my hetero life-partner.