I am available for freelance illustration, storyboarding, sketch art, and concept art in Print/Advertising/Entertainment companies in the Los Angeles area (in-house) or anywhere across the globe (remotely.) I accept fine-art commissions only as my schedule allows. I do not accept tattoo-design commissions. // jawcooper@gmail.com

November 30, 2009

EVEN MORE Paper Pushers

Let's just say, I've pushed my share of paper this week... here is what I did today:





This is the revised "Luzon Bleeding Heart:"



Phew, I'm starting to feel a little burnt out. Tomorrow is the last day I have to work on this show and I have two more little drawings to do which shouldn't take long, and two medium-sized paintings which I might do quick washes on or just sell as drawings if I don't feel up to it. Ahhhhhh, it'll be a relief to ship these off!

7 comments:

Rory Phillips said...

Gorgeous!

Dead Fish Korp said...

Courage !!

Monica Grue said...

Looks amazing!

Thea Schultheiss said...

They look awesome - how on earth do you part with them?!

Thea Schultheiss said...

Oh and one other thing...

... how the hell do you make that stunning border?!

chriscrosdale said...

Well done! Is that gouache or watercolor?

J. A. W. Cooper said...

Sup friends? Thanks for the support!

Thea- Parting is surprisingly easy when rent is due ha ha. The borders for these I just printed with an epson photoprinter which means the color isn't particularly archival, but since I was going for a sort of vintage look, color fading of the border really doesn't bother me. (Plus, it doesn't affect the archivalness of the actual painting.)

Chris- I do washes of waterproof black and brown india ink underneath and then washes of gouache on top for color.